Join us on the 31st of October for an afternoon fun shoot celebrating All Hallow’s Eve – or better known as Halloween – where you can shoot pumpkins, bats, zombies and… were-rabbits!
We’ll start straight after the morning development session, at 12:30, to shoot 48 arrows over 4×4 targets.
- AGB’s Rules of Shooting applies
- On this specific competition we’ll use only 3 bow categories: Barebow, Compound and Recurve. Any bow types not fitting these will be incorporated into one of them. For example if you turn up with a Longbow, we’ll have you down as Barebow because that’s the closest we have.
- The distances will vary between 8 and 18 metres.
- Unless otherwise stated, the scoring system is metric. Some targets will have special systems, these will be marked.
- We’ll shoot 3 arrows per target, 4 targets per end and 4 ends for the full round. That’s 48 arrows in total. 🙂
- If there’s more than 8 archers signed up for this fun shoot, we will shoot in details.
- Archers will be split up into groups, each group starting on a certain target. If there’s more than 2 people in the group they shall shoot in details. Shooting in details means they shall shoot three arrows and immediately retire, being replaced by the archer from the subsequent detail from their group.
- Medals can be earned by the best archers in each of the following categories: Compound – Senior, Recurve – Senior, Recurve – Junior, Barebow – Graduate Senior, Barebow – Experienced Senior, Barebow – Junior
- Seniors are archers who marked their 18th birthday this year or earlier. Juniors are who are yet to pass their 18th birthday.
The shooting positions may differ from how you usually shoot. Some of them will require you to be on half-knee. If that’s a problem please let us know ahead.